Metrocart Kenya Limited is a leading engineering company offering you solutions in renewable energy,
security systems and HVAC(heating ventilation and air conditioning) We design, supply, install, commission and
maintain these solutions which are tailor made to your specific needs.
We have so far installed over 5 megawatts (MW) of solar power across the country with and over 10,000 liters in installed capacity for solar water heating. our proven solar solutions diversify the energy portfolio and reduce the risk of fuel-price volatility while delivering a levelized cost of electricity (LCOE) that is cost competitive with fossil fuels today.
By integrating technologies and expertise across the entire solar value chain, MetroCart delivers energy solutions that maximize the value of our customer's investment while minimizing their risk
Action: Three Countries, One Goal
A solar water heater consists of a collector to collect solar energy and an insulated
storage tank to store hot water. The solar energy incident on the absorber panel coated
with selected coating transfers the hat to the riser pipes underneath the absorber panel.
The water passing through the risers get heated up and is delivered the storage tank. The re-circulation of the same water through absorber panel in the collector raises the temperature to 80 C (Maximum) in a good sunny day.
Based on the collector system, solar water heaters can be of two types.
- Flat Plate Collectors (FPC) based Solar Water Heaters.
- Evacuated Tube Collectors (ETC) based Solar Water Heaters .
Solar Water Heating Systems
Based on the collector system, solar water heaters can be of two types:
Objectives: Delivering Quality Power Across East Africa
The country is currently generating less than one per cent of its power from solar energy, but has a number of installation under construction that could increase its sun-powered renewable energy capacity in coming years.
MetroCart develops, invests in, and operates distributed renewable power generation projects that bring reliable and low-cost power to rural communities in East Africa. Our rural utility projects currently in development include small hydro, biomass, and solar PV generation between 1 MW and 10 MW installed capacity. We jointly develop projects with our local partners and communities to bring electrification and sustainable economic growth to rural communities currently not effectively served by national utilities.
Our projects are designed to bring reliable, unlimited, uninterrupted, and low-cost electricity to first-time and existing power consumers living in both rural and urban areas.
Reasons Why You Should Use Solar Water Heaters:
- Solar water heaters do not pollute: - Solar Water Heaters is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint. There’s nothing about solar power that pollutes mother nature. Solar power doesn’t release any greenhouse gasses, and except for needing a source of clean water to function, it uses absolutely no other resources. Hence, it’s safe and environmentally-friendly.
- Solar Electricity Makes Your Home Go Off-the-Grid: - Solar electricity prices serve as a great example of why there should be an increase in the use of solar energy.
- Solar Power Causes Less Electricity Loss: - Electricity needs to be transported from big power plants to end-consumers via extensive networks. Long distance transmissions equal power losses. Ever wondered what are solar panels used for? They’re on your roof to get energy from the sun. Rooftop solar power is helpful in increasing electricity efficiency, considering the short distance. Your energy becomes domestic and as a result you’re in control of your own bills and energy usage. Furthermore, solar power systems are durable, thus chances of service interruption are reduced.
- Solar Power Is A Free Source of Energy: - The sun provides us with more energy than we could ever use, and no one can monopolize the sunlight. Your solar power system will start saving money from the moment it’s turned on, however, the advantages of solar power are best visible in the long-term. We cannot exhaust the benefits of Solar Power as a Source of Power. The advantages goes on and on..